When we were younger and had 5 kids running around, our summers were hectic. Elaine page catcher on a city league woman's team, Jeff and Darren played little league, the three girls played church softball and city league. Our Saturdays consisted of running from game to game to watch all of them play, and in order to support all sometimes we had to split up so that one of us was at each kids game.
Now we are grandparents it hasn't changed much, as an example last Tuesday we drove to Lehi to watch Britton play in his football game. He plays end and really enjoys it. Here are some Pics to show what he does.
After his football game we had to run to Provo to catch the end of Bryson's last soccer game of the year. We have seen almost all of his games this year and have loved watching him improve game after game. Pics follow.
This summer we have also seen Malorie in her first horse show where she garnered some well deserved ribbons for her efforts.
So it has been event full and wonderful to be with and see each grandchild progress and grow.
We love our family. I saw a bumper sticker a couple of years ago that I thought was appropriate. It said, Grandchildren are God's gift, for not Killing your children. Of course we never thought of doing anything like that but it was fun to read.
Papa (grandpa) Ellis Austill
4th Of July 2011
15 years ago
2 comments:
By the way, I did read this last night. I just didn't comment. But now I did. There. ;)
How come my kids are the only one that haven't shown up on the blog yet? I always new we were the least favorite.
Post a Comment